Monday, March 2, 2009

A Shout out to David McKenna


So I was out of town last weekend crashing with Dave and Misty to enjoy a little weekend away. Well on Saturday morning Dave got to tear apart the garbage disposal in the kitchen sink because it was making some funny noises.... Now 3 of us know why and I am going to leave it that way, I don't want to incriminate anyone in this story telling. So after like 45 min or something like that he finally got it all taken care of and put the thing back together and went on to struggle getting back under the sink. We went about out day and had a great time.

Today, I got home from work at oh 8:45ish and my roommate was calling out landlord because OHHH guess what our garbage disposal has more or less exploded under the sink. There is a giant leak in one side of it so much though that it has leaked through the sub-floor into the basement and we have drip drip drip in the downstairs closet. Oh and best part is that the thing that lead to this discovery was that she had put some cottage cheese down the disposal. So after she did the worst part of the clean up under the sink trying to get the nasty dairy out so that we don't end up with rotten sticky smell all over our house, I got down on my knees with a bucket of hot water and some cleanser to get the rest of it. I am now sitting in my bed thinking that my hands will never feel clean again as long as I live. I don't think that the smell will ever leave my nose and it is not done yet, I will get up tomorrow morning to get back under there because in the day light I think I will be able to see the damage better and get it cleaned so that hopefully we can get this thing fixed.

So to you Dave, I feel your pain now in a way that I never thought I would. I give you props man for getting down in there and taking care of things the way that you do in a house. I hope that someday I can find a husband that will get down and clean up the messes that I really can't handle. In the mean time I am glad to call the landlord and let him find someone to come over and fix the problems.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers