Monday, March 9, 2009

Goodbye Grandma Catherine Mabey

I found out early this morning that in the early morning hours of the night my Grandma Catherine Hartley Mabey passed away. She had been suffering for awhile of several terminal problems such as renal failure and wagners disease. Last week she decided that she was tired of the daily fight to keep on living and she was going to let her tired body live what life was left in it and go home to Our Father in Heaven. My grandfather passed away just before I got engaged and my great-grandparents passed awhile ago, my great-grandmother passed when I was 12 or 13 if I remember correctly. She was done with this old world. She lived a long and happy life, she was born and raised in England and saw more than most could imagine there during WWII. She married and American Soilder and started her family having 5 boys including my Dad. She then remarried and had 2 daughters. Her family was so important to her. I was so lucky to spend time with her over the last few years being able to fly back a forth on a moments notice. I was staying a lot with my Aunt Annette, until Grandma moved in with them last fall. She never talked much directly about her childhood but if you listened closely she would make little comments about things. I remember last year I was there for a visit and we decided to go out to lunch. We were sitting just chatting and looking at the menus deciding what to order. I made a comment about being a "meat and potatoes" kinda girl and grandma said that she was to. She went on to make a comment about when she was a girl in England that most days they were lucky to have potatoes and on the rare occasion that they got meat it was always a feast for the family of 13 children. She knows many wonderful people, there are so many stories that I wish she would have told. I will miss her terribly and am so grateful for the knowledge of Eternal Families that I have. So goodbye for now Grams, I will see again someday. I Love You more that I can say.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers