Monday, March 16, 2009

Another farewell.... Another sad week.

So, I spent last week in Salt Lake saying goodbye to my dear grandmother. The funeral service was Friday and it was a beautiful service. I said my goodbyes and began the process of putting my emotions back in check before having to return to work today. Well then yesterday morning as I was packing my bag to get ready for my trip back to Boise I got a message from a co-worker of mine. One of the women I work was diagnosed with cancer last year... about 9 months ago if I remember right. She passed away in the early morning hours of Sunday morning. The battle with cancer finally ended and she was able to rest finally. I am not sure what kind of cancer it was but I do know that it was very aggressive and very painful for her. She was an amazing woman and an incredible person to know. I am so glad that I had the chance to get to know her and become friends with her. She was a great example of strength and perserviance, she fought with all of the strength that she had until the end. She will alway be remembered and loved. I hope that her family finds peace and comfort in knowing that she is no longer suffering the pain and agony the cancer was for her. My thoughts and prayers are with her family this week as they prepare to say the final goodbyes to her. We will miss you Jacquie.

2 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I also seem to be losing a lot of people close to me lately...so I guess it's a good thing that we don't really like each other huh?

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry about your friend and your grandma! Double whammy. :( Hopefully things get better soon!

Oh, and that shirt was from Maceys. ;) Love it!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers