Tuesday, January 27, 2009

To Do it or Not To Do it.... Online Dating.

So, in the last few years as I have remained single I have gone back and forth about the online dating thing. I have met some great people that are good friends, and I have met some crazy people that now I have to avoid contact with.

As of late I have gone back to it with an open mind and just hoping to make some new friends for the most part. Unfortunately as things this time have gone on I have been getting a lot of interest from guys that honestly in some cases could be my FATHER. Now don't get my wrong I don't have a problem dating older guys, but I think I need to draw the line somewhere and for me that line has to be before they are having grandchildren.

And I know a few people that have met the one they are now spending eternity with online. So there are some success stories and some not so successful stories I guess. I know that it is not for everyone but how do you know if it is for you? Is it just something that you feel, do you have to learn the hard way but getting rejected over and over again by the same guys who won't write back and won't chat with you when you try? Or do you just play stupid and keep on trying until either you run out of options or you buy a lifetime membership to a website and start cyber-stalking the ones that really interest you and forget marriage... you basically marry your computer because you can't drag yourself away long enough to do more than shower and eat? I am just not sure how long I should keep doing this before I give up and start pricing mail order husbands so that I can start my family.

So now I ask a question, should I keep at it and hope for the best? OR do I move on and go back to the good ole fashion just going to activities and hoping to catch someones eye from across the room or the buffet table?

3 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

Don't do it, it always ends tragically! Ha ha. Seriously though, it's a tough call. If I had to say yes or no, I would say stick with it. It opens up options you would not otherwise have.

Shayla said...

Do both! It's a great 'side' to dating, but opportunities can be anywhere. I was for sure not looking for a husband when I found CJ, so I would suggest living the best life you can & give yourself plenty of different chances to find someone... good luck!

Linsey said...

You could do both, but spend more time with the face to face people than the online ones. You never know what kind of freak you're talking to. I think that as long as it's not taking the place of going out and actually meeting real people that you can get a vibe from, then it's a good side. I just think that there is something about meeting and talking to them face to face that gives you more of an idea of their true self and not who they are pretending to be for the internet. But I do agree with CJ's wife too. Most of the time, it comes when you aren't really looking at all. So go out and enjoy life and all the different things that you can do when you are single that you can't do as easily when you're married. Good luck though. I'll keep my ears open for good looking available men to send your way. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers