Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thoughts I had this week.

So, I spent a lot of time in the last week with my family and quite a bit of time just by myself. I spent a lot of time reading and thinking about things.

So I thought that I would put some things out there, share with my family and friends.

I was reading the "Twilight" Saga this week and as I was finishing the last book "Breaking Dawn" last night something struck me as kind of spiritual. I am not sure how many of you have read the books and how many of you are still reading the books so I am going to add a disclaimer right here and say that if you haven't read them and are planning on it stop reading because this will ruin the end of the story for you.

So back to my thought. As I was reading and the end of the book came and they were preparing for the face off with the Volturi, Bella was changed and she was figuring out how to use her POWER.... Something struck me... we all have the power to protect our minds and bodies from the advances of Satan. Some of us I believe have strengthened our guards through trials and tribulations and some of us have strengthened them through other things in out lives. I also think that some of us have the ability to lend a hand to our family and friends by sharing our guards when needed and help them through the hard times. Just like Bella was able to flex her shield out to protect her family and friends against the advances of Jane and Alec during the face off. It is amazing to me how when we are going about our lives just like normal and all of the sudden something that we never would have seen or maybe something that we have seen before strikes us on a different cord and teaches us something that we may not have been expecting.

I also had some thoughts about where my life is going and where I want it to go and how to change the path so that I can get headed down the road that I choose instead of the one that seems like the easy thing to do. So I am working on that as well. It is a little bit more personal so I am not going to share those thoughts with you guys just yet, I am not ready to put all of that out there for the world. I will let you know when I get there though. I am going to be staying in Boise after all, I was looking forward to a chance to move back closer to family but it just is not the right timing I guess. So, I will stay here and continue to work and play and build a life for myself. Who knows maybe what I thought was the Lord telling me to go for it was really just me doing what I wanted instead of what I should have been doing. I do that sometimes.

So, life is not what I was expecting it would be right now but I am going to make the best of it. I am also going to keep thinking about what struck me in that book when I was reading it and try to figure out how to flex my shield to do the work that the Lord would like me to do. I want to be able to help those in need and to share the things that have happened to me, in hopes that someone may hear my story and learn from it and be stronger for my mistakes and lessons. I love you all and want all of you to know how wonderful you are and how grateful I am to have each and everyone of you as a part of my life. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful family and friends to share my burdens and blessings with.

3 comments:

JenChiz said...

I love seeing the deep side of you! It was so great spending time with you this last weekend. I can't wait to be closer where we can see you more often!

Natalie said...

Wow, that was good! I only read the first book, now I totally want to read the others! You're so awesome, Abbs. :)

Brenda and Gary said...

I had not thought of that and I really appreciate that insight. Have I told you recently how blessed I am as a mother to have such great kids. You teach me more than you will ever know.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers