Thursday, February 12, 2009

Single Awareness Day.... Feb. 14th

So some may ask why I refer to this blessed holiday as "Single Awareness Day" well let me start by telling you that it is not my fav holiday either way. I am not a fan of Valentines. I never have been even when I was married I did not enjoy it.

Now the reason why I call it what I do..... It makes those of us who are not in a relationship more aware of the fact that we have no one to send us flowers or take us out to dinner to buy us nice things. I know that it is about more than celebrating love with a husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend it is also about celebrating the love in other relationships. I do enjoy my family and friends and I love them all. But do we really need a holiday to justify spending tons of money on flowers or candy or stuff like that. I guess if you are going to spend the money than you should be spending it more often than just once a year.

SO.... now everyone out there knows how I feel about the holiday that it upon us. For those of you out there that will go and celebrate have a great time, please remember those of us that will be lucky to get a heart shaped cookie.

1 comment:

Shayla said...

Valentine's day is all about the love & you ARE loved... I'll share my 3 super cute Valentines with you! Don't you worry, there will be no chocolates or romantic dinner dates over here, but fun with my sweethearts, making heart shaped pancakes & definetly sugar cookies! Have a happy Valentine's day, knowing that you are loved and thought about!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers