Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bittersweet Times

So, I have been trying to sell my wedding dress for about a year with little interest from anyone. And I hadn't thought much about it the last month or so but last night I posted it on craigslist and today I got a hit from someone that is really interested. I am happy for this person, happy that someone will wear it again and have the wonderful day that comes with getting married. I am also very sad, sad to think that someone else will be wearing my dress. Someone else will be making those memories that I made in the same dress, but mine are just that memories. It is time for this dress to make someone else a happy bride. So to that unknown girl out there that is going to put on this dress and marry that guy, Good luck. May you have every happiness that life can bring. I hope that this dress makes you feel as beautiful as I felt in it the first time I put it on and saw the look on my Fathers face.

Someday, my prince will come and when he does, I will wear another white dress.

3 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

I know exactly what you're feeling! Someday you will have even better memories.

Elise said...

I totally agree with you! You are a shining example of optimism and faithfulness. Keep it going!!!

E

shawn & megan said...

I know how you feel. You will have a prince that will be what you were always looking for.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers