Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year

So I know I am a little bit behind everyone else posting the New Years blog but I have been in Idaho Falls visiting for a few days. I made a last minute trip last week when CJ and I spoke on the phone and he asked me to jump a flight to come over while Aunt Violet, Uncle Mike and Steve were there for a few days. So I did.

I am so glad to start the new year. I know that it is going to be so much better than last year, I can feel it in my bones. I rang in the new year just the way that I wanted to, with some great friends and some great fun. My friend Kristen and I went with her little bro and husband to the LDSSA activity on the BSU campus. But before that we met at their house and watched Baby Mama and played a little Rockband, we are pretty dang good if I do say so myself. Then we danced, watched Ben and Devin play on the giant inflatable toy, watched a some what entertaining magic show, ran into some other friends and danced some more. It was fantastic. Thanks Kristen and Ben for letting my crash you party.

For the first time in 3 years I was totally single and totally happy to start a new year that way. It feels like a truely fresh start for me this year. I feel like I have the chance to make it whatever I want and that feels great. I also feel like I am taking more control of the things in my life that I can and letting go of the things that I can't. I love it.

So, to all of those that I love and care about Happy New Years. I hope that everyone can feel as great as I do about this upcoming year. I hope that we can all make this the best year yet in our lives. And always remember, we are never given any trials that we cannot overcome, all we need is faith in our father in heaven and the right attitude will take us a long way.

1 comment:

Mamma Meg said...

It was great to see you! We all think you should move back here...just an idea.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers