Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Weekend

So this weekend I had the chance to hang out with Hollie for a little while. Since we are not living together anymore we don't see each other much because we are living on opposite sides of town. So we went to see Michael McLean in his Forgotten Carols Concert which was awsome if anyone has a chance to go take your families and go. It is such an amazing thing, his music is so uplifting and I reminds me of when our parents took us when we were younger. I think I need to make this a tradition that I carry on to my own family.

Well anyways after 2 hours of being spiritually fed we decided to go see Twilight, yes I saw the movie against my better judgement because I have read all of the books and the movies never seem to meet my expectations after I have read the book. BUT it was great. I was so surprised how great it was, I guess this is the first movie I have seen that might have improved the story for me instead of making me want to burn it. It made me want to read the books again because I know the story continues and now I feel like I have to find out what happens next. I was a little taken aback when they had to change the time line in the movie and so some of the things that happened closer to the end of the book happened alot earlier in the movie but they did a great job all in all and it is one that I will be adding to my movie collection, I already have the books in my book collection.

So Megan, since we have both seen it and we did not get to have our sister-in-law date and go together what say we see again huh...... maybe we can convince mom to go she seems to think that it wont be that great but I think that we can convince her to see it if we both work on her.

I can't wait to see what happens with the second book.

2 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

AHHHHH! I loved it! I was ready for them to make a ton of changes, I mean how do you put 400 pages into 2 hours, but I think they did very well. Sooo...when you coming over next, we'll make it a date!

Shayla said...

What about me!?!?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers