Saturday, December 6, 2008

Planes, Trucks, and Automobiles

Ok, so here is my story. I feel like I need to spend the next 3 days in a hot bath to get rid of all of my muscle aches and pains after the last week of my life.

Last Friday I flew to Idaho Falls to see my family for Thanksgiving, it was a great weekend, we ate and played and just hung out together. On Tuesday morning Hollie and I went to the airport to catch a flight back to Boise so I could work for a few days before the Ekstrom Family Christmas Party on Thursday. So we got to the airport and found out that our flight had been canceled.... So dad picked us up and took us back to the house where we woke mom up and started figuring out how I was going to get home to Boise. We decided that I would drive Dad's truck and while I had it in Boise, Hollie and I would pack it full of her stuff and then Dad would fly over Thursday morning and drive it back while Hollie and I drove her car to Idaho Falls. So Thursday morning I got up at 5:30am and met my dad and the airport where we headed for Idaho Falls. We got to Mom and Dad's house at about 11:30 we unloaded the car and got into Mom's car and headed for Salt Lake City.

It was great to see the family and visit with my cousins and aunts and uncles, I really enjoy the family christmas party.

So then Friday morning CJ and I got up early to go to the airport to catch a flight to Pheonix. Thanks Dave to taking us. Well CJ got on the flight that we had intended to but I did not, the joy of traveling standby I guess. So I waited at the airport for the 10:30 flight and got to Pheonix just a few hours behind CJ. Then the two of us headed north again, we drove as far at St. George on Friday, this trip was to drive his second car from Pheonix to Idaho Falls, they left it there when they moved this summer. We spent the night in St. George, Thanks Matt (Shayla's Dad) for the hotel for the night. We got up this morning and drove to Salt Lake where I am spending the night tonight with Misty and Dave, Thanks again guys. Tomorrow another day of traveling, I am driving the second car back to Idaho Falls and spending the night with my parents and then getting up on Monday morning to head back to Boise where I will start my regular work week on Tuesday afternoon, after the hour and a half massage that I scheduled.

In the last week, I have traveled more than I ever thought possible. I have been on 2 Flights with 1 still to go, I have driven round trip to Boise from Idaho Falls, and round trip to Salt Lake from Idaho Falls, I flew to Pheonix and drove to Salt Lake, just to recap my story. I have no clue how many miles I have traveled but I do know that I have traveled approx. 26 hours in the last 7 days.

I don't think I will be traveling again in the next little while, I am just about traveled out for the year. If anyone has any ideas on how to relieve the pain in my butt and neck please let me know, I will take any advise I can get.

And to those that I have traveled with and those who needed my help to get the things done that needed to be done on these many trips I have taken, I love you guys and I would do it all again in a minute.

2 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

I got tired just reading this!

Shayla said...

CJ said he couldnt have made that trip with anyone but you {except me of course} so thank you! I'm glad he was able to have your company!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers