Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sad Day

So tomorrow ends my adventure to the big apple. I am very sad to be leaving this amazing place, although it is always nice to go home and sleep in a real bed..... I have sleeping on Nat's futon mattress since I got here, it is a comfortable bed but still not mine all the same.

I have decided that this may be my first trip to this great place but it is sure not my last. I am glad that I had the chance to make this trip on my own for the first time however. I am glad for the time that I had to spend with Natalie while Miles was in San Fran this week and I am glad for the little bit of time I have had with Miles. I am glad that I got to brave the city on my own for 2 days after Nat was around to show me the ropes when I first arrived.

This place holds so much history and culture I think it is impossible to take it all in. I was however able to get to most of the really good ones on the limited budget that I had. I will be back to spend more money and see more things up close, I am sorry that I didn't get to take the ferry to Ellis Island even though I was able to get some good pictures of it, or the ferry to Liberty Island to visit our Lady Liberty those are things that I will be back to do.

I saw a lot and I experienced a lot and for that I am grateful. I am so grateful for the family that I have here and for the generousness that they shared with me while I was on my visit. I am grateful for the cake at Max Brenners, the Lemon Bars at the Corner Bakery and the Hot Chocolate at City Bakery. Thanks Nat for showing me your favorite spots.

So goodbye to NYC for now but I will be back and you can count on it.

2 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

What, do muggings?

Shayla said...

Glad you had a great trip! Returning home is always so bittersweet... I look forward to seeing some picts!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers