Thursday, April 23, 2009

Books, Books, Books


So, I read.... A lot. Some weeks I go through one or two books without even trying. There are very few that I buy for myself because I don't see a reason to buy a book that I am only going to read one time. I do have a collection of books that I have read and read again because they are great books and I want to have them to go back to and read whenever I want to. I own all of the Harry Potter books, the Twilight series, most of Nicholas Sparks books, and a small collection of other books that I love to read.

I have a very simple philosophy about reading. It gives me a window into a world that otherwise I never would have entered. It opens up my imagination and my mind to the things that I dream about. I love a good book, some comfortable clothes and a quiet soft place to sit and read. I read at least once a day for a hour or so but some days I have been known to hide away and read the whole day away. I love to read to little kids, to share that world with them and they love to hear stories.

So, if you need a good book I am sure that I could recommend one to you, if you have read something good share it with me I am always looking for the next book to read or to add to my shelf. And if you have a book shelf that you are not using let me know I could put it to use.

6 comments:

JenChiz said...

If only you had told me you needed a bookshelf a few days ago! but that pod has left and the bookshelf wasn't in it. Maybe we can get Jerry to build you one! See you soon, I am so excited!!!!!

Mamma Meg said...

Have you ever heard of a little-known book named "Twilight?" You should give it a try.

Mamma Meg said...

OK, ok so you didn't get my joke...I was just trying to drive home how much I really do love Twilight. What? It was just confusing instead? So sorry.

Elise said...

Abbz. What a great way to spend some of your extra time! Have you read Gone with the Wind or the Count of Monte Cristo??? Those are two of my faves...

Natalie said...

I love reading too. It's a nice break from reality, huh! You should make a list of your favorite books so I can know what's good. I just read a book called "A Red Bird Christmas" by Fannie Flagg...it was a sweet one. :)

Linsey said...

"Gone with the Wind" is pretty good. I finished that one not too long ago. I also really like "The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle", "The Giver", "The Witch of Blackbird Pond", "Christy", and if you don't mind a little language, but an awesome book, "My Sister's Keeper". Also, "The Memory Keepers Daughter" is really good also. I love reading and have a 'to read' list that is about 60 books long. It's crazy! Also "Anne of Green Gables" and the books that come after that one are all really good too.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers