Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A first time for Everything


Ok, so I am not really sure what to say. I thought that my life was finally settling down and I was finding a routine and things were going pretty good..... Well guess what I get for thinking. I have been working since I was 16, and in that time I have never been unemployed, I have always had another job to go to before I left the one I had. Well this time it is out of my control. Here is my story.

Yup, more big changes on the Horizon, and that is just where they are coming from. Horizon, the company that I currently work for and have been working for since 2001 is going to stop flying into Idaho Falls. So I am getting laid off, as of August 21st I will be unemployed and that is really kinda freaking me out. I love what I do and the company has taken really good care of me for the last 8+ years. But I also feel like everything happens for a reason, so I pick myself up and move forward.
To that end, I am currently looking for a new job/career. I don't think that I will be looking in the travel industry, things are just to unstable there for me to be comfortable going to work for another airline right now. So, I am looking at other options, maybe going back to school, or just a change of pace, maybe something a little slower and simpler. So if any of you know of any really good jobs out there that a girl could make a living and support herself doing, let me know. Right now, there is no job to big or to small to be considered.

1 comment:

Mamma Meg said...

Ahhhhh ha ha! Never thought I'd be laughing at a post about someone getting laid off. BUT, this picture is brilliant. Seriously. Brilliant.

Abs, you're going to be fine! Of course you know that, but you're a hard worker and anyone you've worked with will attest to that. Hope it all goes how you want!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers