Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Family

Today I had the chance to be here in Idaho Falls while my oldest brother Shawn blessed the last edition to their little family Porter. I am so blessed myself to have such a great family. It amazes me to spend time with them and to see them with their children and the way that we have all grown up and where our lives have taken us.

I have 8 nephews and 1 niece and 1 niece on the way and I can't wait to meet her and see what kind of person she turns out to be. I have really enjoyed watching the others learn and grow and become little people that have opinions and fears and everything that we feel. I can't wait until I have the chance to have children of my own and see what kind of little people they become.

I also started thinking about the rest of my family, my many cousins and the families that they have started and the little people that they are raising. I just can't be anything but greatful for the amazing people that I have in my life and the examples that they have set for me.

To all of you out there and I am sure that most of you know who you are, You are great and amazing parents and I pray that someday I can grow up to be as great as you are. I love you all.

3 comments:

JenChiz said...

We can't wait for you to get a chance to come for a visit! It is hard to believe that it has been nearly two years since we saw you last. The boys have grown so much, they change all the time, especially David. They sure love our family and miss all of you nearly as much as I do. Hope everything is going good for you. Love ya!

Mamma Meg said...

You're right, I am amazing. I too am glad that you were able to come to Idaho Falls and see me. Really, what better way is there to spend a weekend than with me. Heh, heh, heh.

Shayla said...

I know you're most likely not talking about me, but I love the family too. It's been hard being away for so long, and I wish we could have been there more when you visited last, but hopefully the boys & I will get to see you soon! Take care... love ya!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers